In Radio News: Emmis Broadcasting attempts to go private. Madison Square Garden acquires 12% stake in Townsquare Media, news on the street, call-letter and format changes, sports radio news, plus Jack FM voice over artist Howard Cogan.
Latest weekly radio industry news, format and call letter changes, and market scopes
Latest All Things Radio Podcasts
In Radio News: FCC upholds 1975 radio ownership limits, what can or will be done to reduce radio noise, news on the street, call-letter and format changes, sports radio news and caller feedback.
In Radio News: Q2 radio revenue, RAB discontinues radio advertising revenue results, news on the street, Neilson July Personal People Meter ratings, call-letter and format changes, sports radio news and caller feedback.
We hear the Dock and Woody morning show from CHEZ-FM in Ottawa Ontario Canada. 1061CHEZ.ca
Audio not allowed in the United States. Our Classic Airchecks are from John Dolen from Ched-AM from Edmonton Alberta, in 1962 and a later aircheck on
CFRB-AM in Toronto Ontario from December 31th, 1985.
In Radio News: Major groups Q2 revenue results, Iheart Media files a counter Law Suit against its major bond holders. News on the street, July Neilson Personal People Meter Ratings, call-letter and format changes, caller feedback, plus Dan Patrick interviews Larry Byrd.
This week we hear Classic Rock on CILQ-FM 107 in Toronto Ontario Canada,
We hear CIQB-FM Big101 in Barry Ontario Canada.
Audio for both stations not available in the USA.
We finish with a 1978 aircheck of Jeff Fox on WPEN-AM from Philadelphia.
- What's Next For 100.9 Tulsa? Is There An Answer? August 26, 2016Since Stephens Media moved the Christian AC format and KXOJ call letters last Tuesday to the former “94.1 The Breeze” KTSO Glenpool/Tulsa, 100.9 KTSO Sapulpa OK has been stunting with a loop redirecting KXOJ’s listeners to the new frequency. That will apparently come to an end on Thursday, September 1. The former 941TheBreeze.com currently features […]
- Michael Saunders Named KQBT Program Director August 26, 2016A day after Dawn Campbell was named as his replacement at Cox Urban AC “Star 94.5” WCFB Orlando, Michael Saunders has been appointed Program Director of iHeartMedia Urban “93.7 The Beat” KQBT Houston. Saunders will also serve as Urban Brand Coordinator for iHeartMedia’s National Programming Group. This marks a return to the company for Saunders […]
- WMOT Nashville To Flip To Americana August 26, 2016Middle Tennessee State University’s Public Jazz/Classical 89.5 WMOT Murfreesboro/Nashville TN will flip to Americana “Roots Radio” on Friday, September 2. The new format is in partnership with the syndicated Music City Roots which will air on the station. Jessie Scott, most recently in MD/Middays at “Sun Radio” in KDRP Dripping Springs/Austin TX will serve as […]
- Station Sales Week Of 8/26 August 26, 2016Station Sales Synergy Media is acquiring the new 96.3 WKLA-FM Ludington MI from WGHN Inc. for $30,000 and an immediate LMA. 96.3 immediately assumed the WKLA-FM call letters and Hot AC format from what is now 106.3 WWMN Ludington as that station prepares to complete its move to Thompsonville in the Traverse City market. Concurrently […]
- Jessica Poxson Upped To WDRQ Assistant Progam Director August 25, 2016Cumulus Country “93.1 Nash-FM” WDRQ Detroit has appointed Jessica Poxson as Assistant Program Director. Poxson has been hosting “The Jess Show” middays at WDRQ since September 2015 and will continue in the that role. She has been with Cumulus Detroit since 2010 starting in promotions and has also done news at 760 WJR, and traffic […]
- Dawn Campbell Named WCFB Orlando PD August 25, 2016Cox Media Group has promoted Dawn Campbell to Director of Branding and Programming for Urban AC “Star 94.5” WCFB Daytona Beach/Orlando. Campbell previously served as Music Director for WCFB and sister Rhythmic CHR “Power 95.3” WPYO as well as Promotions Director for WCFB. She replaces Michael Saunders who is exiting for a yet-to-be-named position elsewhere. […]
- Golden State Warriors Move To KGMZ August 25, 2016After 32 consecutive seasons on Cumulus Sports 680 KNBR San Francisco, the NBA’s Golden State Warriors will move to Entercom’s “95.7 The Game” KGMZ for the 2016-2017 season. The Warriors will join the Oakland A’s and Oakland Raiders on KGMZ, while the NHL’s San Jose Sharks air on sister Classic Rock “98.5 KFOX” KUFX San […]
- Ross On RadioInsight: What Was Your Song Of The Summer August 25, 2016It was easy for me to call a song of the summer. I was able to choose “Ride” by Twenty One Pilots by late July. At that moment, I could pretty much count on hearing “Ride” on any pop or Alternative station I listened to for any sustained period. If my monitoring of the infinite […]
- Rebel To Rock Ottawa August 24, 2016Torres Media Group will flip Blues/Classic Rock “101.9 Dawg-FM” CIDG-FM Ottawa ON to Active Rock “Rebel 101.7” at 7pm on Friday. The format change will coincide with CIDG’s frequency change to 101.7 as part of a power upgrade from 5kW to 19.5kW. Concurrently 101.7 CHIP-FM Fort-Coulonge PQ will move to 101.9. The station’s most recently […]
- Amber Bouchard Joins Radio 104.5 As APD/Middays August 24, 2016iHeartMedia Alternative “Radio 104.5” WRFF Philadelphia has filled its APD/Midday vacancy created by Wendy Rollins move to Atlanta earlier this year. Amber ‘Miller’ Bouchard will join the station on September 12. Most recently Bouchard served as National Director of Promotion for Caroline Records, but she spent six years as APD/MD and PD/Afternoon host at Alternative […]